- Download the Remote Speed Test app for iOS or Android.
- Plug-in your Remote Speed Test agent.
- Follow instructions in your quickstart guide to connect your Remote Speed Test agent to your Wi-Fi network.
- Plug-in the Remote Speed Test agent at the desired location.
- Start monitoring your wi-fi performance from your mobile app. The agent starts testing and monitoring your network immediately. However, your first results may take up to 30 minutes to post.
- A new test cycle starts every 25 minutes. Your mobile app will update results for each test cycle. “
No. Remote Speed Test only executes periodic network and application performance tests. Remote Speed test does not collect any data from Wi-Fi users or about Wi-Fi users.
The mobile application is available for Android on Google Play store and iOS App store.
Yes. The mobile application enables you to receive alerts and notifications delivered to your mobile device or email.
Yes. The agent measures the received signal strength as well as the channel overlap count.
The device tests the network for the following applications:
- Bandwidth speed (Download, Upload)
- Latency (ping)
- File transfer speed
- Streaming Video speed
- Web Browsing speed
Yes. The Remote Speed Test agent can test multiple SSIDs per sensor.
Yes. The agent supports wireless standards 802.11 b, g, n and ac (5GHz).
Each agent will test the Wi-Fi network every 25 minutes. This cadence can not be changed by the user.
The Remote Speed Test agent does not support captive portal login. Other versions of the agent, available from Epitiro (www.epitiro.com) do support captive portal navigation and enterprise security features. However, you can white-list the agent on your Wi-Fi network using the supplied Wi-Fi MAC address.
- We can pre-configure your device to connect to your Wi-Fi network out of the box (before shipping). After ordering, login to your secure account and provide your SSID name and password. The agent will be shipped to you pre-configured.
- Alternatively, you can use the myEPITIRO mobile application to configure your device and connect it to the Wi-Fi network of your choice.