- Download the Remote Speed Test app for iOS or Android.
- Plug-in your Remote Speed Test sensor.
- Follow instructions in your quickstart guide to connect your Remote Speed Test sensor to your Wi-Fi network.
- Plug-in the Remote Speed Test sensor at the desired location.
- Start monitoring your wi-fi performance from your mobile app. The sensor starts testing and monitoring your network immediately. However, your first results may take up to 30 minutes to post.
- A new test cycle starts every 25 minutes. Your mobile app will update results for each test cycle. “
No. Remote Speed Test only executes periodic network and application performance tests. Remote Speed test does not collect any data from Wi-Fi users or about Wi-Fi users.
The mobile application is available for Android on Google Play store and iOS App store.
Yes. The mobile application enables you to receive alerts and notifications delivered to your mobile device or email.
Yes. The sensor measures the received signal strength as well as the signal-to-noise ratio. The sensor also provides a channel overlap count.
The device tests the network for the following applications:
- Bandwidth speed (Download, Upload)
- Latency (ping)
- File transfer speed
- Streaming Video speed
- Web Browsing speed
No. The current version of Remote Speed Test will only test a single SSID per sensor.
Yes. The sensor supports wireless standards 802.11 b, g, n and ac (5GHz).
Each sensor will test the Wi-Fi network every 25 minutes. This cadence can not be changed by the user.
The current version of the sensor does not support captive portal login. Subsequent versions will support this feature. Currently, you can white-list the sensor onto your wi-fi network using the supplied wi-fi MAC address.
- We can pre-configure your device to connect to your wi-fi network out of the box (before shipping). After ordering, login to your secure account and provide your SSID name and password. The sensor will be shipped to you pre-configured.
- Alternatively, you can use the Remote Speed Test mobile application to configure your device and connect it to the Wi-Fi network of your choice.